Spring 2018 Internship Academic Registration Deadline
The deadline to register your spring 2018 internship for academic credit is Friday, March 2, at 5pm. Learn more and register at chapman.edu/internships.
Time to prepare for the Career Expo
This year’s annual Career Expo will be held on Tuesday, March 6. With the big day less than a month away, now is the time to make sure you are prepared. This means getting your resume checked and approved, narrowing down what types of positions you will be looking and applying for, confirming you have appropriate professional dress available, and preparing to interact confidently with employers in-person. Set yourself up for success and make an appointment with Chapman’s Career and Professional Development team here or visit their office during drop-in hours within the next few weeks.
Programs & Events
Wednesday, February 14th, at 2:30 in Beckman Hall 404, NBCUniversal campus recruiter Candice Burgess will be joined by a panel of Chapman interns to discuss internships. The entertainment giant is also the parent company of companies including Hulu, DreamWorks, NBC, Bravo, Fandango and Telemundo. This is a great opportunity get an ‘inside scoop’ and learn what it takes to land and thrive in an NBCUniversal position. RSVP here.
- Career Questions – Students can visit the Office of Career and Professional Development for 15 minutes of assistance Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday hours are from 10am-noon.
- Career preparation certificate programs – Chapman offers career programs for first generation, international, NCAA, and transfer students as well as first and second years, and master and upperclassmen. Students who successfully complete the program requirements receive a certificate of completion and invitations to exclusive networking opportunities, including Chapman’s bi-annual Certified Student/Employer Mixer at the end of each semester. Two programs begin this week; you can RSVP and learn more in the “events” section of joinhandshake.com.
Here is a complete list of first sessions:
- Passport: International students career preparation certificate program – This Wednesday, February 14, from 4-5:15pm in Beckman Hall 401
- Compass: Transfer students career preparation certificate program – Tuesday, February 20, from 4-5:15pm in Beckman Hall 401
- Atlas: First and second-year career exploration certificate program – Tuesday, February 20, from 6-7:15pm in Henley Hall basement
- Playbook: NCAA student-athlete career preparation certificate program – Monday, February 26, from 5:30-6:45pm in Argyros Forum 201
- Summit: Upperclassmen career preparation certificate program – Wednesday, February 28, 7– 8:15pm in Beckman Hall 401
JOBS AND INTERNSHIPS
- Atlantic Intern Program, Summer 2018 • Warner Music Group
- Digital Artist Intern, Spring 2018 • Arvada labs
- 💰 Editorial Intern, Spring 2018 • Renew Media, LLC
- Graphic Design Intern, Spring 2018 • Archie’s Ice Cream
- 💰 PR/Marketing Intern, Spring 2018 • Cody Jay Music
- Segerstrom Center for the Arts Intern, Fall 2018 • Segerstrom Center for the Arts
- 💰 Social Media/Marketing Intern, Spring 2018 • Blushed Clothing