Attallah College Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, May 18 | 5:30 to 6:30 pm
The Chapman Commencement weekend will be one you’ll remember for years to come. Graduates in all Attallah College academic programs (undergraduate and graduate) are invited to participate. Then comes time for you to walk across the stage and get your hard-earned diploma!
For those who can’t be there in person on May 18, join us on Facebook Live.
Continue monitoring your Chapman email for additional updates about commencement. Keep in touch with the Office of Alumni Engagement for resources available to Chapman graduates and continue building the alumni network.
We’re excited to have all Chapman graduating students together on Wilson Field at Closing Convocation on Friday, May 17, 2019 at 7 pm. Closing Convocation will honor your achievements and celebrate the work you’ve done in your time at Chapman University and Attallah College.
- Celebrate with the entire Chapman & Attallah College graduating class
- Turning of the tassels as President Struppa officially confers degrees
- Keynote speakers Matt and Ross Duffer ’07, writers, directors, and executive producers of the award-winning Netflix series “Stranger Things”
For more information on Closing Convocation, visit the event website.
All Attallah College programs will be hosting their own individual parties, receptions, and awards ceremonies. Here is a list of all of those events:
- LEAD Senior Reception: Fri., May 17, 1–3 pm, Sandhu Conference Center
- Integrated Educational Studies: Sat., May 18, 2–3 pm, Beckman Hall 404
- Teacher Education Programs: Sat., May 18, 3–4:30 pm, Beckman Hall 404
- MLD: 3–4:30 pm, Sat., May 18, Kennedy Hall 237A
- PhD: 3–4:30 pm, Sat., May 18, Kennedy Hall 237B
- School Counseling and School Psychology (CSP): Sat., May 18, 3–4:30 pm, Reeves Hall 3
Q: Who do I contact with questions about commencement?
A: Feel free to contact the Special Events team at 714-997-6740, firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How many people can I bring to Closing Convocation? Commencement?
A: Students who RSVP’ed for Closing Convocation will be allotted 4 tickets for guests. Tickets are not required for students. Two extra tickets can be requested, but are not guaranteed. An email notification will be sent on May 10, 2019.
Commencement is free and open to all guests and family of students. Guest tickets are not required for commencement ceremonies and there is no limit on how many guests you may invite. Please note that seating is first come, first served. Seating is in folding chairs on artificial turf. Once the ceremony begins, empty seats must be made available to accommodate guests without seats.
Q: Do I have to attend Closing Convocation?
A: We strongly encourage all graduating students to attend Closing Convocation.
Q: Where should I park?
A: Parking will be free in all designated parking structures and lots, and curbside permits are not required on local streets during Commencement Weekend. We encourage everyone to use public transportation or Uber/Lyft during Commencement Weekend. Avoid driving and parking as it can be difficult. If you do drive in, know that parking restrictions are lifted in the surrounding neighborhoods.
Q: Where can I find more information?
A: Please go to the Graduation Page