This year, the Leatherby Libraries at Chapman University is hosting the Orange County Archives in Action where the Libraries, along with other institutions, will exhibit their collections, share stories, and answer questions about Orange County history. This countywide, daylong event will also include several presentations from community members dedicated to preserving and increasing awareness and access to primary sources documenting OC’s diverse past.
The event will take place at the Bowers Museum on Saturday, November 3rd, 2018 and is free to attend.
This event is free and open to the public. Anyone interested in the following is encouraged to attend:
• Learning about OC history
• Discovering OC archives and history rooms
• Understanding the significance of OC history on a national level and international level
• Showcasing OC historical collections
• Gustavo Arellano, Elaine Lewinnek, and Thuy Vo Dang, Co-authors of the forthcoming book A People’s Guide to Orange County
• Phil Brigandi, Independent Scholar
• Kevin Cabrera, Executive Director of the Heritage Museum of Orange County
• Chris Jepsen, Historian and Assistant Archivist of the Orange County Archives
Exhibitors will include the following and more!
• Brea Museum & Historical Society
• Chapman University, Leatherby Libraries, Special Collections & Archives
• CSU Fullerton University Archives & Special Collections
• Heritage museum of Orange County
• Internet Archive
• Lawrence de Graaf Center for Oral and Public History (COPH)
• Orange Barrio Historical Society
• Orange County Historical Society
• Orange County Jewish Genealogy Society
• Orange Public Library and History Center
• Placentia Library District
• Santa Ana History Room
• Seal Beach Historical Society/Red Car Museum
• Sherman Library and Gardens
• UCI Libraries Special Collections & Archives
Location: John M. Lee Court & Norma Kershaw Auditorium
Tickets: Free event (does not include access to museum galleries). No RSVP required. OC Archives guests can enjoy the special rate of $15 for full access to the museum including the exhibit Knights in Armor by mentioning “OC ARCHIVES” to Bowers Visitor Services Staff; OC Archives guests can also receive member rate tickets at $9 to the Timeless Melodies program at 1:30pm.