Leatherby Libraries Remote Resources
Working remotely? Here are some remote resources to help you.
Information is changing from moment to moment; this blog post is being updated regularly with new information. The Leatherby Libraries building is closed until further notice.
Online and Phone Help
Librarians are trained professionals who are here to assist you with your research. Reference services are available to the Chapman University community, which includes students, faculty, staff, alumni, and trustees.
- LibChat is available during Reference Desk Hours. Check those hours here and start a chat with a Reference Librarian here, to receive real-time reference service.
- Email a librarian! Librarians are on staff daily to respond to emails in a timely fashion. Quick reference questions can be asked through our Quick Reference Question Form, or if you want more specified information, you can contact the appropriate Subject Liaison Librarian.
- To contact Reference Librarians by phone, call (714) 532-7714 and leave a voicemail with your question and email address, and the Reference Librarian will respond to your voicemail via email.
Students may request an Individual Research Consultation (IRC) to receive independent library instruction or in-depth research assistance.
Individual Research Consultations
- Contact your subject liaison librarian to schedule an IRC, which can take place remotely. You can find a list of librarians here or through your Subject Guides.
Online Material and Tools
A number of digital materials are available to students and faculty while they are off-campus.
Start Your Search – Leatherby Libraries
- Start Your Search, located on the Leatherby Libraries homepage, allows you to search print and e-books, journal articles, digital collections, and more, all in one place. Start Your Search makes it easy to find, explore, cite, save, and share a broad variety of Leatherby Libraries resources.
- Subject Research Guides to help you find academic resources and publications for research, assignments, and projects.
- Library Content for Online Teaching and Learning Guide is specifically designed to help you find resources while teaching remotely.
Databases to Get You Started
- Use the Start Your Search feature on the library homepage, or consult your Subject Research Guides to find databases and other online resources for your research.
Chapman University Digital Commons
- Explore the Chapman University Digital Commons, a home for the scholarship, publications, archives, and creative expression of Chapman University’s faculty, students, and staff, all available digitally.
Managing Your Library Account
Renew your books online via your library account. Also, see your active loans, due dates, fines, or messages for your account.
My Library Account
- See your active loans and due dates, renew your books here.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (714) 532-7723.
Due Dates and Loans
- All items checked out by current Chapman students, faculty, lecturers, and staff have had their due dates extended. The due dates will continue to be extended until a date for students to return to campus has been determined.
- For questions about Interlibrary Loan (ILL) or other loans, please contact Circulation at email@example.com.
Dissertation and Thesis Submissions to the Library
- The Dissertation and Thesis Guidelines page contains all of the steps to virtually submit your dissertation or thesis to the Leatherby Libraries after your defense. At this time, either wet or digital signatures are acceptable on both the checklist and the approval page. Please review the guide and contact the Dissertations and Theses Librarian with any questions.