Awards and Recognitions:
- Dr. Kamaljit Kaur organized and chaired an ACS-AFMC symposium titled “Next-generation Peptide Therapeutics” at the 14th AFMC International Medicinal Chemistry Symposium in Seoul, Korea from June 25-28, 2023.
Oral (e.g., Platform Presentations, Symposiums, Plenaries, Keynotes)
- Dr. Jennifer Ko collaborated with others on “Care Team Strategies for Hypertension Treatment Involving Pharmacy and Increasing Medication Adherence” at the HRSA NHCI Learning Collaborative on July 11, 2023.
- Dr. Jennifer Ko presented “Moving Upstream: Let’s Discuss New Tools for Promoting Health Equity and Structural Competency” with others at the AACP Pharmacy Education in Aurora, Colorado, on July 24, 2023.
- Dr. Kamaljit Kaur discussed “Peptide-drug conjugates with high selectivity for triple-negative breast cancer” at the 14th AFMC International Medicinal Chemistry Symposium in Seoul, Korea on June 28, 2023.
- Dr. Hindu Rao presented “Increasing the Reach of Ambulatory Care Pharmacists Through Pharmacy Extenders” at the American Pharmacists Association Webinar.
- Dr. Reza Taheri, Dr. Jerika Lam, Director of Interprofessional Education Amanda Brown, and Dr. Richard Beuttler collaborated with other institutions to create “Healthcare Communication and Teamwork: An Interprofessional Case-based Approach to Learning” which was presented at the AACP Pharmacy Education in Aurora, Colorado from July 22-25.
- Dr. Luma Munjy, Dr. Laressa Bethishou, Dr. Kathleen Hill-Besinque, Dr. Richard Beuttler, Dr. Reza Taheri, and Dr. Kimberly Won created “Results from a Longitudinal Curriculum to Develop Empathy in PharmD Students” at the AACP Pharmacy Education in Aurora, Colorado from July 23-24, 2023.
Dr. Aftab Ahmed, CUSP alumnus Dr. Taibah Aldakhil, David Salehi, and Dr. Saud Alshammari published “The structural characterization and bioactivity assessment of nonspecific lipid transfer protein-1 (nsLTP1) from caraway (Carum carvi) seeds” in BMC Complementary Medicine and Therapies.
Dr. Razan Orfali, Dr. Mohammad Asikur Rahman, Dr. Young Woo Nam, Dr. Miao Zhang, and PharmD candidate ’25 Liz Lau produced “KCa2 and KCa3.1 Channels in the Airways: A New Therapeutic Target” in Biomedicines.
Dr. Razan Orfali, Dr. Mohammad Asikur Rahman, Dr. Young Woo Nam, Dr. Miao Zhang, and PharmD candidates ’24 Nikita Dave, Elyn Lam, Nadeen Naguib, created “K(Ca) 2.2 (KCNN2): A physiologically and therapeutically important potassium channel” in J Neuroscience Research on July 19, 2023.
Dr. Sun “Coco” Yang and Dr. Keykavous Parang submitted a patent application “Apurinic/apuyrimidinic endonuclease 1/redox factor-1 inhibitor for treating cancer” with other Orange County scientists.
Dr. Kamaljit Kaur, alumna and research assistant Dr. Elmira Ziaei, and Dr. Shih-Jing Yao. “Peptide-Drug Conjugate Targeting Keratin 1 Inhibits Triple-Negative Breast Cancer in Mice” in Mol. Pharm.