Intellectual Property Commercialization at Chapman and an Introduction to Patents
October 15, 2020
On Friday, October 30, 2020 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM, the Office of Research will host a Zoom webinar on Intellectual Property Commercialization at Chapman and an Introduction to Patents. We have invited two speakers from the patent law firm K&L Gates LLC, Partner Brian J. Novak, Ph.D., and Patent Agent, Michelle Glasky Bergman, Ph.D., to give us an introduction to patents. The webinar will cover the following topics:
- Overview of Chapman’s IP commercialization process – Lawrence Lau, Director of Industry Alliances & Commercialization
- Summary of Chapman’s IP Policy – Janine DuMontelle, Vice President for Legal Affairs and General Counsel
- Patents 101 –Brian J. Novak, Ph.D. and Michelle Glasky Bergman Ph.D., of K&L Gates LLC
- What rights does a patent give?
- At what stage can you patent something?
- What does a patent compose of?
Chapman faculty members and researchers are welcome to join and are encouraged to ask questions during the Q&A session at the end of the webinar.
We kindly ask that you RSVP by October 29th. You will receive a calendar invite with Zoom link when your RSVP has been received.
For more information contact Lawrence Lau, Director of Industry Alliances and Commercialization