The Faculty Opportunity Fund provides competitive merit-based support for short term non-renewable projects as described below. These projects are intended to support Chapman University faculty in the development of new and innovative research, scholarship and creative activity. Specifically, this program aims to:
- Elevate the national visibility and reputation of Chapman University faculty for their excellence in creative, scholarly and research accomplishments.
- Provide faculty with opportunities to catalyze new and innovative areas.
- Expand the base of competitive research, scholarship and creative activity to increase external support in these areas.
The intent of the fund is to support (1) activities where the outcome is the development of a substantive scholarly or creative work and; (2) new lines of research in all areas for faculty where a primary goal is the submission of requests for external funding. During the 2021 cycle, approximately $150,000 will be available for the Faculty Opportunity Fund with awards up to $15,000 for a period of 12 months depending on the type of award, project goals, and necessary budget. All full-time faculty (tenure track and non-tenure track) are eligible for this program. Involvement of graduate students and/or undergraduates is strongly encouraged. Resubmission of prior Faculty Opportunity Fund applications is also encouraged.
- December 2020 – Release announcement
- February 12, 2021 (5PM) – Applications due
- April 2021 – Funding decisions
- June 1, 2021 – Release of funds
For more information visit Office of Research Internal Funding Website