Jenny Kim graduated from Chapman University in 2019 with a degree in Strategic and Corporate Communication with a Minor in Business. She had her first internship during Freshman year, and was offered a position by her Sophomore year. While enrolled at Chapman University, she was hired at Stitch Fix where she currently works in San Francisco. If you would like more insight into Jenny’s college and working experience, you can connect with her via LinkedIn.

Jenny Kim ’19

Where do you work and what is your job title?

I work at Stitch Fix as the Growth Marketing Associate, Paid Social.

What does your job entail?

As a part of the Growth & Media team at Stitch Fix, I am responsible for media buying and campaign management primarily on Facebook and Instagram. I own the execution and strategy around our experiments that help us determine scalable drivers of business impact based on causality. In order to do so, I partner closely with our in-house creative team, data-science team, and other members of the growth team.

Did you secure this position while enrolled at Chapman?

Yes.

What advice do you have for undergraduate students or recent graduates?

Get experience in whatever field as early as possible! I had my first ever internship in marketing during my freshman year and by my sophomore year, I was offered a Junior Analyst position. My career would not be the same if I hadn’t started early and I don’t have any regrets! I worked really hard managing a full class load (senior year was 21 credits), a full-time job, a side gig, and a social life, but it was all worth it.