Allison Galuszka graduated from Chapman University in 2018 with a degree in Strategic and Corporate Communication and a minor in Consumer Behavior Marketing. She currently works at Kimley-Horn & Associates, Inc. as a College Recruiter/HR Coordinator. Connect with Allison on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/allison-galuszka-61923ab9/ 

What does your job entail?

The main function of my role at Kimley-Horn is college recruiting! I attend career fairs, host information sessions, screen, and interview candidates. My regions are California, the Pacific Northwest and Hawaii. I also have the pleasure of running the intern program as well. 

How did your internship experience prepare you for future jobs?

I acquired my internship during my time at Chapman. My intern experience was helpful for me to learn what I enjoyed and more so what I did not. I worked for large and small companies, tech and retail companies, all of which helped me to home in on what I was looking for in a full time job and what aspects of a job I was looking to pursue. 

Why did you choose Chapman University and the School of Communication? 

I chose Chapman because it provided me with all the aspects I was looking for, I could continue to play water polo, get involved in a sorority and obtain a degree in a field I was beyond excited about. But truly the best part about Chapman, was it presented me with opportunities I didn’t even know were possible. 

What advice do you have for undergraduate students or recent graduates? 

The best advice I was given while at Chapman was to continue to be curious and never stop asking why. Many times, in your career you will learn and then master a task, continue to advance your skills by being curious in your field and learn from your peers/ colleagues around you.