Update (1PM 4/19)
: The contest is closed, thanks for your interesting Women In Focus questions!
The winners are posted below; make sure to stop by the 3rd floor reception desk to pick up your pass before 5PM
We have another set of passes to check out a big-budget film before it hits theaters!
Last month, we had
a quick contest set up via Twitter to release passes to view Wanderlust
, and given how popular it was, we’re going to keep the momentum going for those of you tuned into our social media channels, this month with
The Five Year Engagement
About the film:
The director and writer/star of
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
reteam for the irreverent comedy
The Five-Year Engagement
. Beginning where most romantic comedies end, the new film from director
, the producer
The 40-Year-Old Virgin
) and Rodney Rothman (
Get Him to the Greek
) looks at what happens when an engaged couple,
, keeps getting tripped up on the long walk down the aisle.
And, excitingly, the producer’s (Judd Apatow) last film was the side-splittingly funny
– one of 2009’s breakout romantic comedy / female “buddy” films. Personally, I was floored at the spot-on, sidesplitting takedown of premarital bliss.
How to see The Five-Year Engagement for free:
- Check out the lineup for our Women In Focus event this Friday (Make sure to register if you haven’t yet!)
- Think of a question you’d like to ask one of the talented panelists, about their films, career, or advice for students.
- Share the question with us:
- HERE in the comments section of the blog (make sure to login using Facebook or another service so we can see your name), specifying which panelist your question is for (or “For all the panelists” if it’s more general)
- OR via Twitter (“#WIF2012 Question for [Panelist name] [Your question] @CU_DodgeCollege”). Longer questions can be split into multiple Tweets if you can’t fit in 140 characters (or use a service like twitlonger). Like this:
The first 8 students (Chapman students only!) who share an interesting question with us will be selected as the contest winners.
- Winners may pick up their passes at the Dodge College Reception Desk, located on the 3rd floor of Marion Knott Studios, starting Thursday at Noon, through 5PM
- Winners will be announced at noon tomorrow, and updated throughout the day
- Passes are good for the winner and a guest (each pass admits two people)
- The screening begins at 7:30 p.m., located at:
- Note: The theater is located outside Disneyland – park admission is not required!
- The theater suggests arriving up to an hour early – all seats are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Just like any theater, if you want to sit with your friend, make sure to show up as early as possible!
All interesting questions for
Women In Focus
will be asked during the Q&A period, as time allows; even if you can’t make it to the event, you can follow the discussion through
, as we’ll be live-tweeting the event under the
hashtag, and highlights and quotes will be available next week right here on the blog, as well.
During this end of the year crunch, we hope you enjoy relaxing with this hilarious film!
— WINNERS —
Ryan Jonty Kaplan