Congrats to Professor Harry Ufland, recently interviewed about his international teaching efforts in connection with Dodge College by Australia’s premiere film magazine, FILMINK.

As you may remember, Professor Ufland was recently hired in our latest batch of high-profile industry creatives looking to transition from the director’s chair to the teacher’s podium, a role that fits Harry well, as Australia’s FILMINK magazine reports.

Preview an excerpt of the article, by author Gill Pringle, below.

After a lifetime of working with Hollywood’s top talent, and packaging such iconic films as Raging Bull, Blade Runner, Mean Streets and The Duellists, Ufland’s second act as a film professor took him somewhat by surprise.

“My 21-year-old son is studying at university, and I thought that it would be wonderful if I was a teacher at the same time- although not at the same schools!” says Ufland, who’d been a guest speaker at Chapman for several years, culminating in his being invited to talk at a special presentation of Taxi Driver.

“I’d represented Jodie Foster, Robert De Niro, Martin Scorsese, and Harvey Keitel, and I’d had a lot to do with that movie. Afterwards, there was a really stimulating Q&A, and it inspired me to take that final leap to teaching film classes – but only on my own terms”

says the producer, whose courses include Exercise Your Creativity and Mentor/ Internship.

“Our visit to Australia will be mutually beneficial for both the Australian and the American film industry ­ forging long-lasting bonds between our cinemas for both now and the future. It’s an exciting step in opening up a dialogue between the next generation of American and Australian filmmakers.”

View more feature articles and archives on the FILMINK website, or view the entire profile here as a .pdf: FILMINK June 2013.