Schmid College welcomes Interim Schmid College Career Advisor Leanna Izen! We are excited to have Leanna to support our science students in their career journeys.
Leanna Izen has been working at Chapman University as a Career Educator in the Career and Professional Development Office for the past year. Prior to joining Chapman, she worked in various college career offices in Southern California as she pursued her master’s degree in college counseling. While in her master’s program, Leanna focused her research on STEM students, so she is knowledgable and passionate about supporting students in Schmid College. We are grateful to have Leanna’s expertise and support during this time.
Leanna is available to help students with any and all STEM career-related topics, including:
- Resume/CV reviews or cover letter reviews
- LinkedIn/social media reviews
- Interview Preparation/Mock Interviews
- Career exploration within (but also outside of) the STEM industry
- Graduate school exploration/applications
- Internship, research, or job search
- Outlining a 2-4 year career plan (This is highly recommended if you haven’t met with a STEM Career Advisor before!)