Announced on October 2, 2017
This opportunity comes to you from Chapman University’s Career and Professional Development Office. Get more info or apply at https://chapman.joinhandshake.com/jobs/916346
We are seeking Python Junior Developers to join our innovative and growing technology team at Akuna. In this role you will work alongside our trading and software team to design and implement elegant solutions to complex and interesting problems.
What you’ll do as a Junior Developer at Akuna:
Junior Developers at Akuna have the opportunity to use cutting-edge technology while working on high performance/low latency systems. We offer a team-based approach to trading and software engineering, believing that productive integration of the two groups is vital for success in this industry. Akuna loves Junior Developers who are self-starters and have the ability to work without a constant need for guidance. We value innovation and hard work, and want you to make an impact in the firm, even as a junior member. Whether you are interested in trading infrastructure, algorithms, models, exchange gateways, performance engineering, hardware, data capture and analysis, or front-end user interfaces, there’s work to be done. If you are excited to jump in and make an immediate difference in a rapidly growing company, Akuna could be the place for you.
The Python teams work on a wide variety of projects ranging from quantitative analysis and data mining to proto-typing and simulation to web development, data visualization and trading sub-systems. Python is a high level and extremely versatile language that Akuna leverages to rapidly develop and deploy applications that have a direct impact on our trading environment.
What would make you a top-notch candidate?
- Pursuing a BS/MS/ PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related field
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Demonstrated experience with distributed systems
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate with the trading team, obtain requirements, find solutions and implement them in a clean and concise way
- Create an easily understood and testable codebase that can change as quickly as market conditions require
- Passion for innovation and building systems from the ground up
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently
- Major GPA of 3.0 or above