Inspired by his 2017 return to the Argyros School classroom,
President Emeritus Jim Doti challenges his business statistics students to join him in running the OC Half Marathon on Sunday, May 7. Dr. Doti, and the rest of the informal Chapman running group, are adopting the Hal Higdon’s Novice Training program for completing the 13.1-mile half marathon distance.
Dr. Doti runs with his students on Wednesday mornings from 8 to 9 a.m. and encourages Chapman community members to meet in front of Memorial Hall for a 2-to-4-mile run around Old Towne Orange.
Fun fact: Dr. Doti has completed over 60 marathons, and yes, you read that statistic correctly!
As an added bonus, Dr. Doti reveals that all OC Half Marathon finishers receive a great-looking medal. Better yet, you can find inspiration in the Jim Doti running bobblehead, along with the complete set of “Jim Doti Bobbleheads.”
So, whether you’re a novice runner, first-time half-marathon registrant, or avid runner, rest assured that by participating in Dr. Doti’s running challenge, you’re in good
hands. Or rather, your feet will be in good company!
Quick reference links:
- Race registration – 2017 OC Half Marathon website
- Half Marathon training program – Hal Higdon’s Novice Training
- Wednesday’s running starting location – Memorial Hall, courtesy of Chapman’s campus map
- Race finisher medal – 2017 OC Half Marathon prizes and awards
- “Jim Doti Bobblehead Collection” – Board of Trustees/Governors Summer Social party favors
Questions about Dr. Doti’s running challenge?
Please submit your questions or thoughts in the comments below!