Dany Espinoza

Danny Espinoza, MA in Counseling and PPS Credential

They say luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity, and Dany Espinoza can attest to that. With a vision toward school counseling, she completed her MA in Counseling and received her PPS credential at Chapman University. As a result, she was selected to work at a local Santa Ana School, and her work has been recognized by her peers and administration.  Dany took the time to share her success with Chapman faculty, and expressed gratitude for creating a great counseling program. Read about her story below.

My name is Dany Espinoza.  I was born and raised in Santa Ana and graduated from Century High School. I decided to become a counselor in high school as a result of the guidance and support I received from my high school counselor, Tomas Hernandez. I attended CSUF and graduated with a BA in Psychology and minor in Human Services. In 2012, I received my MA in Counseling and PPS credential from Chapman University.  During my master’s program, I served as an intern in Santa Ana USD, Orange Lutheran H.S., Irvine USD, and Placentia Yorba Linda USD.

My goal was to someday return to SAUSD and work as a counselor. I had the opportunity to interview for a counseling position in SAUSD after graduating from Chapman and got hired as a school counselor at McFadden Intermediate School. This is my 2nd year at McFadden and was voted Support Staff of the Year 2013-2014. I have been very fortunate these past years and have really enjoyed the students, families, and staff at McFadden.