We are excited to announce that Chapman University is piloting Atomic Search for Fall 2023, a new search tool on Canvas. This tool simplifies content discovery for both instructors and students by allowing keyword searches.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Effortless Content Discovery: Quickly find course materials without any hassle, making your Canvas experience more user-friendly.
- No Setup Required: Instructors don’t need to make any adjustments. The Atomic Search tool integrates seamlessly into Canvas.
- Accessible Everywhere: Easily access the Atomic Search tool from any page in Canvas. It’s conveniently located at the top of every page, in the left global navigation bar as a “Search” icon, and in course navigation menus as a “Search” link.
What does Atomic Search offer?
- Time Savings: Students and faculty can access learning content more quickly and easily.
- Comprehensive Search: Enjoy full-text search capabilities across all types of course content, including files, pages, assignments, quizzes, and announcements.
- User-Friendly Interface: Atomic Search offers an intuitive search experience similar to popular search engines.
Atomic Search has 2 features: Global Search, and a Course-Level Search:
- Global Search: Click the Search icon on the navigation bar.
- Course-Level Search: Navigate to the desired course and click the Search tab in navigation.
If you have any questions, run into technical issues, or want to learn more about using this tool, you can review Atomic Search’s documentation by clicking this link. We value your input! Please share your feedback on Atomic Search to help us continually improve your Canvas experience.
Chapman University Information Systems & Technology (IS&T)