Dear Chapman community,
To help you get support faster, Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) is launching a new Service Desk ticketing system called Jira Service Management from Atlassian.
Jira has become widely used by various support teams globally to track submit and track requests. The new ticketing system is form-based and will provide an improved interface, a customer portal for requesting services, and an integrated communication channel to interact with IS&T technicians.
Some of the benefits of the new ticketing system:
- Easier than composing an email
- Real-time updates and status
- Direct communication with assigned technician
- Email responses or replies are captured in the ticket
- Knowledge articles for common issues and questions
- Request support on behalf of a colleague
Timeline and next steps:
- Pilot Group/Soft launch for department administrators and operation personnel – 7/25/22
- Go live – 8/29/22 (https://servicedesk.chapman.edu will be redirected to the new and improved Jira Service Management site)
For technical help, please contact the Service Desk at 714-997-6600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chapman University Information Systems & Technology