The IS&T (Information Systems and Technology) team has been working hard during the summer to ensure we can support the campus community with technology needs as seamlessly as possible. The Fall semester is upon us and
The fall semester is upon us, and as everyone returns to campus, we would like to share some technology tips to make your journey a little easier. This blog will review some of our favorite software and services and tell you how to get help.
Helpful Software and Services:
- Available Software: IS&T (Information Systems & Technology) provides Chapman’s community with site licenses to download and install various software for academic and personal use.
- Eduroam Wireless Network: Eduroam allows all students, staff, faculty, and campus guests to move around campus while maintaining a fast, reliable, and secure wireless internet connection.
- Grammarly Premium: Grammarly is an online service to help with your grammar. Chapman University provides Grammarly free of charge to all students, faculty, and staff.
- Microsoft Office 365: Chapman University has a campus agreement with Microsoft, making the software free for all current students, faculty & staff. Office 365 is available for both Windows and Mac and on mobile devices for both Apple and android.
- PantherBot: PantherBot is here to answer your questions quickly and efficiently. The bot is anonymous and multilingual. PantherBot is currently available on Academic Advising, Admissions, IS&T, Office of the Registrar, Ticketing Office, Student Business Services, Center for Global Education, and Residence Life pages.
- Technology Onboarding for Staff and Faculty: Our Technology Onboarding page helps you get started with technology. It contains helpful information such as 2-Factor Authentication setup, getting started on Chapman E-Mail, Wireless connectivity, and more.
How to Get Help and Stay in Touch with Us:
- Self-Service Ticketing System: To help you get support faster, Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) has launched a new Self Service ticketing system called Jira Service Management from Atlassian.
- Service Desk: The Chapman University IS&T Service Desk provides an in-depth resource to facilitate an efficient resolution to computing problems in a friendly, approachable manner.
- System Status: Visit IS&T’s main page to learn about our most frequently used software system status. Our system status helps you find out if your favorite application is experiencing downtime and get direct access to their status page to save time.
- Technology Appointments: Make technology appointments with the helpful IS&T technicians through Microsoft Bookings to get personalized help.
- Follow IS&T on Social Media: Chapman University IS&T wants to make it easier for the campus community to learn about the latest IT updates and upcoming events and initiatives. Follow IS&T on Instagram and Twitter: chapmanu_ist, to stay in touch.
Have a wonderful fall semester, everyone,
Chapman University Information Systems & Technology Department